Saturday, March 27, 2021

The Faceless, an excellent band!

 

Today's blog entry is about a technical death metal band I love called The Faceless. What happened to them?  Will they ever get their shit together?  I have no idea.  I started listening to this neato band circa 2007.  I absolutely loved the album Akeldama.  The song "An Autopsy" is a brilliant song and it's my favorite song by them.  It's fast, technical and awesome.  This was back when they were more of a deathcore band.  Back then, I didn't care if they were a deathcore band.  I listen to other deathcore bands such as Arsonists Get All the Girls, Dr. Acula and Brand of Sacrifice.

They became more of a tech. death metal band with their sophomore effort Planet Duality.  Then they released a couple of more albums after that one.  I was lucky to witness them live in person in 2009.  They were touring with Atheist.  I loved that they played "Prison Born", which is probably my second favorite song by them.  They really knew how to put on an awesome live show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment