Sunday, February 14, 2021

The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band

 

I've had a few blog entries about rock and metal musicians/bands.  However, I have not posted about a psychedelic rock band.  I love psychedelic rock, one of my favorite sub genres of rock music.  Today's blog entry is about The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band.  They're a terrific band that you ought to know.  I'm not going to get into their history since you can find that on Wikipedia or Last.fm.  Here you'll find songs I like and my thoughts on them.


Here's an awesome song by them, one of my favorites.  It's off their album Vol. 2.  Groovy stuff and you should check it out.  I remember listening to this on the Garden State Parkway a few years ago.  One of their best songs.



This one is taken off their album Part One and it's a good one.  I don't think it's better than "In the Arena", but it's also groovy.  This song was recorded earlier and it appears on their Volume One album.  I think the Part One recording is superior.



Another off Vol. 2, of course it's awesome.  Ya gotta love anti-war songs of the 1960's.  There's usually always something special about them.  This one in particular is one of the best anti-war songs and it's a shame not too many know about this one.  Check this one out!


Last, but not least... a cut off their final album Where's My Daddy.  I listened to this one as I wrote this.  It features fantastic piano and guitar work.  Brilliant vocals in this song as well.  Fantastic track overall.

Like them?  I highly suggest you search 'em up on YouTube.  If you wanna go the extra mile, buy one of their albums!  Have a good day/night!


No comments:

Post a Comment