Saturday, December 28, 2019

Four Years Ago... Lemmy Died

It has been four years since Lemmy Kilmster of Motörhead died.  I was saddened by his passing.  He lived to 70 and he was only 70 for four days.  Unfortunately, I never got to see Motörhead live.  I know I had plenty of opportunities.  He was a real awesome musician.  I like his work in Hawkwind too.  He even was cool in The Rockin' Vickers.  He had a supergroup called The Head Cat.  I haven't checked them out.

Lemmy's passing was not too surprising.  He had lived quite a wild lifestyle and he had cancer.  I knew he'd live to 70 for some reason.  I'm glad he did.  I wonder what he would think of the state of rock music nowadays.


Believe it or not, that's actually a picture of me taken on my 21st birthday (05/27/2005).  Sadly, I do not own that Motörhead shirt anymore.  Those shirts are easy to find and I'll probably get another at some point in the near future.  I've been a fan of Lemmy and Motörhead for over 14 years.  He was not an influence as a musician, but I thought he was excellent.


R.I.P. Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister.  It is too bad that I never got to see him live.  He left plenty of music behind and people still listen to his music today.

No comments:

Post a Comment