Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The 2010's

I must say that the 2010's was an interesting decade and it was also a somewhat tumultuous decade.  Originally I was going to get heavily into the negative and pessimistic aspects.  You know what?  I will not.  You read enough doom and gloom on Blogspots everywhere.  I am an optimistic and positive person.  I'll go into some bad stuff, because the 2010's was full of that.  However, I'm not gonna to make you sad when you read this.  I will not get into that stuff for this blog entry.

The beginning of the 2010's was not that bad.  The early 2010's for me personally were a bit rough.  I will say that I did have my first full band.  The band was called Abysshorde.  We only lasted for 6 months in 2011.  That was a cool thing, unfortunately we only got to make one recording.  I have it too and I think that it won't ever see the light of day.  Then I had the band Sonic Derp.  It lasted for 6 months in 2012.  Honestly, I thought Sonic Derp sucked a lot and I don't want to get into why.  One or two good songs were recorded, that's it.  In 2013, I had Pizza Corpse and Pizza Corpse lasted for less than 6 months if I'm not mistaken.  Pizza Corpse was a step up from Sonic Derp, somewhat better.  Only one demo was released and there's a bunch of unreleased songs that won't see the light of day.  Pizza Corpse did reunite in 2019 and we renamed ourselves Satanic Lust.

Unfortunately this decade had many deaths.  I called 2016 "The Year of Death."  We lost David Bowie, Muhammad Ali, Gene Wilder, etc.  I also had a few friends that died in the 2010's.   Even my dad died in 2016.  For notable deaths in 2016, click here.  I was not too crazy about 2012 and 2016 at all.  I will not get into those years.  Perhaps I will cover those years another time.

What a decade it has been!  For a better retrospective of 2019 and the 2010s, click here.  Happy New Year's Eve everyone!  I hope 2020 to be awesome!  Hindsight is 2020!  I will be posting a New Year's Day entry for 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment