Monday, December 28, 2020

Five years since Lemmy died

 

Well it has been five years since Lemmy Kilmister died and you might have expected me to write some depressing stuff.  No!  You're wrong!  Since it has been five years since he passed away, I will post my top five favorite songs with Lemmy.


5. The Rockin' Vickers - Dandy

 



Here's a song from Lemmy's early days as a musician.  He played guitar for The Rockin' Vickers.  He was a damn good guitarist.  I consider this song to be a gem of the 1960's.  He rocks on this song.  Check it out!  EDIT: I originally had I Go Ape and then found out Lemmy is not on that song.  I Go Ape is awesome, but he wasn't in The Rockin' Vickers at the time that song was recorded & released.


4. Motörhead - Ace of Spades


I know, I know, you must be thinking why would I have this at number 4?  Well it is one of his most famous songs, yet I feel it deserves to be in my top 5.  It's got fantastic bass work and Lemmy sounds absolutely awesome on vocals.  It's a great song period.  Don't know this one?  You must have been living under a rock for years or you simply have bad taste in music.  Or you most likely suck!  And ya probably do!  Whatever!  Listen to it now if you haven't and I won't think you suck.  :)


3. Motörhead - R.A.M.O.N.E.S.


Fast, wild and fun!  It's about the legendary band the Ramones.  Ramones even covered this one.  Excellent stuff!  Listen to this if you haven't!  This song almost didn't make it to my top 5 Lemmy songs.   I almost went with Jack the Ripper or Going to Brazil!


2.  Hawkwind - Motorhead


I'll be honest here, this is 10 times better than the one by Motörhead.  Oh I like the one by Motörhead, it doesn't suck by any means.  This one has better vocals and bass by Lemmy.  It's a wee bit underrated nowadays.  I'm sure people still listen to this version.


1. Motörhead - Built for Speed


It was a bit difficult for me to choose number one.  Other candidates were Motörhead - Jack the Ripper, Motörhead - Stone Dead Forever, Motörhead - Too Late Too Late, Motörhead - Victory and surprisingly Hawkwind - Silver Machine!  Well this is it, Motörhead - Built for Speed.  A bit of a deep track by Motörhead.  This is one amazing heavy metal song!  I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you never listened to this one.  I'll cut ya some slack with this one!  However, no excuse for you not knowing Motörhead - Ace of Spades!  I mean, c'mon!


There you have it!  My top 5 songs by Lemmy!  What an awesome dude and his music will live on forever!   Rock on, Lemmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment