Friday, January 1, 2021

R.I.P. MF DOOM

 

Rapper MF Doom unfortunately died on October 31, 2020 and his death wasn't announced until a couple of months later.  This was an absolute shock to me.  I was going to originally post this blog entry on December 31, but didn't get around to it.  What a sad way to end off 2020... announcing the death of someone who actually died a couple months ago.  It also happened on Halloween.  I have no idea why we didn't get to know this on October 31 or November 1.

I knew of MF Doom for years, but didn't start listening to his music until around 2016.  This was one of the most shocking deaths of 2020, due to the fact that he was quite young.  I honestly forgot about him until his death was announced.  I feel really bad that I didn't listen to that much and according to my stats on Last.fm... I had no scrobbles for him at all in 2019.  Then I find out he dies... well of course, I listened to him on December 31.  For more info, go to the Complex article about it.  I only listen to hip-hop/rap occasionally, but I'm thinking about listening to more hip-hop/rap artists in 2021.  We'll see, I'm guessing I'll still listen to my usual rock and metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment