Tuesday, October 6, 2020

R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

 

Rest in peace, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen.  I cannot believe he died today.  As a guitarist myself, he was a bit of an influence.  He got me more into tapping (a guitar technique he was famous for and you can see him doing it in the picture I provide).  I remember I learned how to play a couple of Van Halen songs during my first years of playing guitar.



I was around 5 or 6 years old when I first heard Eddie Van Halen, he did a guitar solo on "Beat It" and it totally blew me away the first time I gave it a good listen.  I was in my room back in Pomona, NY.  From that point on, I wanted to know what that was.  I was a very young child at the time and I couldn't really comprehend it that well.  Click here for an article on EVH's guitar solo on that song.  It was one of the most amazing things I ever listened to in my life at that point in time.  I believe it got me hard rock and heavy metal.  I am sure that was the song that was responsible for me loving heavy music.


2020 has been a rough & tough year.  This 2020 death has affected me, just like Kobe Bryant's earlier this year.  I hope the 2020's get better... this year has been a total dumpster fire.  I can't believe this year has been so horrible.  We're not even done with the year yet and EVH dies today.  :(  My condolences to the Van Halen family, friends, fans and anybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment